Princesses and fairies, didn't we grown up from these lovely imagination? When my daughter was little, she would wear her princess dress and crown to the shopping centre. Everyone would waved at my little SnowWhite. Her dress up box were filled with costumes, fairy wands and wings. When her little friends came over for a play, they all dress up and became princesses or fairies from the far far away land.
I also become the fairy, the tooth fairy when my kids lose their baby teeth. Kids wake up in the morning would find their teeth replaced by gold coins. One time, my daughter lost her tooth into the drain while brushing her teeth. We wrote a little note to the tooth fairy to explain everything and luckily she found it and a gold coin was rewarded. I often told them to brush their teeth probably because bad teeth would be taken by goblins. I would soon retired from being the tooth fairy as my daughter had grown up and my son only has a few teeth to lose. However, I probably will be the Easter buddy and Mrs Santa for a long time.
This white chocolate fairy cupcake had brought back many sweet memories to me..... and I made them for one of our staff's birthday because she had been a sweetheart to us.
White Chocolate Fairy Cupcakes
125g butter, softened
125g caster sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
125g self-raising flour
75g white choc chips
1 tablespoon milk
Topping and filling:
thickened cream, whipped
mini sugared love hearts
- Preheat oven to 190c. Place paper cases into a 12 hole muffin tin.
- Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy, add beaten eggs and vanilla essence until well mix.
- Add in sifted flour and fold it into the mixture, stir in white choc chips. Add a tablespoon of milk or a little more to make a soft, dropping mixture.
- Spoon the mixture into muffin cases until 2/3 full. Bake for 15 minutes or until a light golden brown.
- Cool in wire-rack. When the cake is completely cooled, use a knife to cut along the top of the cake, take the top out and fill the inside with strawberry jam and cover the top.
- Pipe the cream onto the cake starting from the side of the cake, topped with strawberries or love hearts, then sprinkle with glitter. Magic may be coming on its way!