December is the month full of parties and celebration, there are parties for school, for work and for family and friends. The host usually ask their guests to bring along a plate to share and we simply have a good time together. I'd much prefer homebake treat rather than buying from the shop because it is unique and most of the time it tastes a lot better! I also like to receive comments from other people and that helps to bring up the conversation at the parties. If you haven't got much time to prepare a treat, this Crispy Rice Christmas Tree is the one for you. There is no baking, just melt the chocolate and mix it with the rice bubbles. (Who wants to turn on the oven when it's already 30c) It does need a bit of a skill in making the layer but it has very simple steps that a kid can easily master that. If that's too much, you can simply spoon the rice mixture into muffin cases and sprinkle some lollies, sprinkles, coconut and marshmallow on top. My kids are taking these to school for their break-up parties then they will start their summer holiday. We are going to put up the Christmas tree and lights around the house this weekend to begin the celebration of Christmas!
Crispy Rice Chocolate Christmas Tree and Cupcakes
300g milk or dark cooking chocolate (I put in 100g milk and 200g dark)
1 1/2 cups Rice Bubbles
3/4 cup desiccated coconut
For the decoration:
extra coconut for cupcakes
- Melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl for about 3-4 minutes on medium heat. Stir till chocolate is melted.
- Add in Rice bubbles and coconuts and stir till combine.
- Line two trays with baking paper. Spoon mixture into a cross shape. You will need 6 crosses in graduating sizes. Sprinkle with coloured sprinkles and smarties. Chill in the fridge for 1 hour or until the chocolate is firm.
- To assemble the Christmas tree: place the largest cross on the bottom of the serving plate, spoon a little of melted chocolate in the centre to secure it. Then sit the next cross on top. Repeat the procedure for the remaining crosses.
- Cut a large marshmallow into star shape with a pair of scissor to put on top of the tree.
- For the cupcake, spoon the mixture into muffin cases and sprinkle with smarties, marshmallow, coconuts and coloured sprinkles.