Black Forest Cupcakes
3/4 tablespoon dry instant coffee
1 cup hot water
100g dark chocolate
50g milk chocolate
1 1/2 cup caster sugar
2 cups self-raising flour
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
2 small eggs (60g)
1 teaspoons vanilla essence
300ml cartons thickened cream
2 teaspoons icing sugar
1 can of 415g pitted black cherries, drained
2 tablespoons kirsch
Finely grated dark chocolate for decoration
- Line a 12 cakes muffin tin with paper cases. Preheat oven to 160C.
- Melt butter in saucepan, stir combined coffee and hot water, then add in chocolate and sugar. Stir over low heat without boiling until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl, cool to warm.
- Beat the chocolate mixture in low speed with electric mixer, gradually beat in sifted dry ingredients in two lots. Beat in egg one at a time, then essence. Spoon batter into muffin tin till it is 3/4 full. Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until it is cooked. Cool cake in the rack till it is completely cool.
- Beat cream until firm beak form, then add in icing sugar. Keep whipped cream in the fridge.
- Cut 6 whole cherries in half and set aside. This will be the garnish for the cake.
- Cut the rest of cherries into chuck pieces, soak it with the kirsch for few hours. If you have young children, you may like to omit the kirsch.
- Cut a deep circle around the top of cake leaving a 1 cm edge as you would do for a butterfly cake. Cut the bottom off the cut piece so you have got a flat bottom piece to put back to the cake.
- Spoon in some cherries into the hole until it is levelled with the cake. Then fill up the top with the flat piece. Spoon in a little bit of cherries over the top again and spread the whipped cream over and top the cake with a halved cherry. Finally sprinkle some grated chocolate for decoration.
Note: I prefer to mix the dark and milk chocolate in making cake as I find that the cake taste a bit rich if I only use dark chocolate. It is an individual choice. If you have put the cake in the fridge, leave it at room temperature for 10-15 minutes before serving. The cake will be nice and soft again.
( 12 隻份量)
咖啡粉 3/4 茶匙
熱水 1 杯
砂糖 1 1/2 杯
自發粉 2 杯
可可粉 1 湯匙
60g 雞蛋 2 隻
雲尼那香精 1 茶匙
糖粉 2 茶匙
415g 罐頭去核櫻桃 (車里子), 隔水
kirsch 酒, 2 茶匙
- 預熱焗爐 160c, 一個 12 個鬆餅盆放好蛋糕紙。
- 用電攪拌机的慢速攪至蛋糕糊混和，分 2 次隨隨加入篩過的自發粉和可可粉，然後每 1 次加入 1 隻雞蛋，最後拌入雲尼那香精。倒蛋糕糊到蛋糕盆直至每個 3/4 滿為止。焗 30 分鐘，把焗好的蛋糕放在蛋糕架待涼。
- 把 6 粒櫻桃切 1 半作裝飾。
- 然後把其餘的櫻桃切大粒，用 kirsch 酒浸數小時。如家有小孩不想用酒可以免用。