Year 2010 has finally gone and I welcome the New Year with this rainbow marble cake. I wish that the next 365 days will be bright, sweet and colourful as this cake. May we have peace and 2011 is going to bring good luck to everyone.
Rainbow Marble Cake
1 1/4 cups caster sugar
2 1/4 cups self-raising flour
3/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
2 tablespoons cocoa powder
pink food colouring
2 tablespoons milk, extra
45g margarine or butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
1/2 tablespoon milk
few drops of pink food colouring
rainbow choc chips and hundred thousand for decoration
- Preheat oven to 180c. Grease deep 22cm round pan.
- Beat butter, vanilla essence and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Stir in sifted flour and milk half at a time.
- Divide mixture among 3 bowls. Put a few drops of pink colouring into the 1st bowl. Blend sifted cocoa powder with extra milk and stir into the 2nd bowl and leave the mixture in the 3rd bowl plain.
- Drop alternate spoonfuls of mixtures into the pan. Pull skewer backwards and forwards through cake mixture. Bake cake about 1 hour.
- Spread with frosting and decorate the cake with rainbow choc chips and hundred thousand when the cake is cooled.
This cake recipe is adopted and modified from the cookbook Women's Weekly - Classic Cakes
幼砂糖 1 1/4 杯
自發粉 2 1/4 杯
牛奶 3/4 杯
雞蛋 3 隻
雲尼那香精 1 茶匙
可可粉 2 湯匙
牛奶另外 2 湯匙
糖花 1/2 杯
牛奶 1/2 湯匙
彩虹朱古力粒和 1 千 1百糖花粒作裝飾用
- 預熱焗爐 180c. 預備一個 22cm 的圓形蛋糕盆，鋪好蛋糕紙。
- 用電攪拌机發打牛油、糖和雲尼那香精至淡色和鬆起，逐次加入 1 隻蛋，分 2 次加入篩過的麵粉和牛奶。
- 攪拌至混和，然後分成 3 等份。第 1 份加入數滴粉紅色素，第 2 份加入混好的可可粉和牛奶糊，第 3 份保留原味。