Sunday, May 22, 2011

Chicken and Tzatziki Wrap


There are two "I have not" in this post.  First, I have not make tzatziki before and secondly, I have not have it in a wrap.  I usually have tzatziki as a dip with crackers.  The store bought one isn't as condense and it hasn't got as many cucumber as the homemade one.  I think I will keep this as my regular recipe. This recipe is low-fat making it a healthy lunch choice.

  
Chicken and Tzatziki Wrap
(serve 4)

Ingredients:
4 sheets of lavash bread
8 butter lettuce leaves
1/4 red onion, sliced
4 chicken thighs, skinless
1 teaspoon garlic, minced
1 teaspoon ground cumin
1 tablespoon coriander, chopped
salt and pepper


For the tzatziki sauce:
1/2 continental cucumber
1/2 teaspoon salt
100g low-fat natural yoghurt
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1 tablespoon chopped mint
freshly cracked black pepper

Method:

  1. Marinate the chicken thighs with salt and pepper, garlic and cumin.
  2. Seed and grate the cucumber then sprinkle with salt.  Leave for 10 minutes, squeeze and drain the juice.  Mix the cucumber with yoghurt, lemon juice, mint and pepper.
  3. Pan fry the chicken,  add the coriander to the chicken when it's half cooked.  Slice the cooked chicken.
  4. Place two lettuce leaves on the bread, top with the chicken, onion and spread with the tzataiki.  Roll up and cut into 2-3 pieces.  Repeat for the other bread.


Source: Adopted and modified from the cookbook "Ready, Steady, Lucnchbox - cooking for kids and with kids" by Lucy Broadhurst.

2 comments:

  1. I love Tzatziki,and the addition of chicken... and your version in a wrap sounds, and looks so delicious. Thanks for your kind comment on my blog...I also invite you to follow my blog, as well:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with this wrap! Definitely hit two birds with one stone =)

    ReplyDelete