Panang Curry Chicken Pies
260g chicken pieces
1 sheet of puff pastry
1/3 cup onion, chopped
1/3 cup green beans, chopped
1/4 cup carrot, diced
1 tablespoon red capsicum, finely diced
1 tablespoon baby peas
1 stalk of lemon grass, only keep the white part and cut the stalk in 1/2
1 teaspoon garlic mince
1/2 cup coconut cream
1 heap teaspoon of panang curry paste
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons raw sugar
1 teaspoon of cornflour mixed with 1 tablespoon water
1 egg, beaten
- Heat oil in the pan, add the onion and curry paste, then add the sugar and stir for a bit. Add in the chicken and stir for a few minutes until the chicken is nearly cooked. Add the garlic, carrot, capsicum, beans, lemon grass and coconut cream. Let it simmer for about 10 -15 minutes, add in the baby peas, seasoned it with salt and thicken it with the cornflour mixture.
- Discard the lemon grass. Fill the ramekins with the chicken curry. Brush the edge of 3 ramekins with egg.
- Cut the puff pastry into quarters. Place one piece of pastry over the ramekins and trim off the side.
- Cut a little cross in the middle with the knife for air hole so you won't ended up with a pop up pie.
- Use the left over pastry to make pattern for the pie and brush it with egg before putting into the oven.
- Cook it in a hot oven at 230c for about 20 minutes or until pastry is golden. Serve it with fried rice or steam rice.