Thursday, June 23, 2011

White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies


I originally made this cookies for the kids to take to school for the bake sale.  Then my daughter told me it had to be homemade and with no nuts.  I had no more white chocolate left so we ended up baking more cookies using milk choc chips and skipped the nuts.  When I went to university (that was the time before I learnt baking cookies) I needed to walk pass the coffee shop to get on the bus in the city.  My eyes were always looking at the creamy yellowish cookies called melting moment.  If I had a few dollars to spare, I would buy one to pamper myself.  It's funny though I don't have the urge to learn how to make it that time until I become a mum.  Even my daughter can make melting moment and we don't buy cookies that much these days since we have discovered few good recipes.  Homemade cookies taste the best!        



White Chocolate Macadamia Cookies


Ingredients:
1 1/2 cups plain flour
1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
1/4 cup caster sugar
1/3 firmly packed brown sugar
125g butter, melted
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 egg, beaten
180g white chocolate bits
3/4 cup roasted macadamias, chopped coarsely

Method:

  1. Preheat oven to 200c/180c fan forced.  Place baking paper onto baking tray.
  2. Sift flour, soda and sugar into a mixing bowl.  Stir in melted butter, extract and egg then chocolate and nuts.
  3. Drop rounded tablespoons of mixture, 5cm apart on tray.  Flatten it slightly with a fork.
  4. Bake cookies about 10 minutes.  Cook on wire rack.
Source: Adopted and modified from the cookbook "Mix -cakes, muffins, biscuits + puddings" by the Australian Women's Weekly.




6 comments:

  1. Oh I want one so bad. I love these cookies and your recipe looks incredible. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow..Thats lovely cookies,home made are always better...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally agree...homemade is the best. You can twist the recipe and add anything you like to suit your family. Best of all, what can beat freshly baked cookies? In shops, the cookies might've been sitting way too long before you bought them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Can I have one please? They look delicious!! Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. these look SO deadly delicious, I'm afraid that even looking at them may make me put of weight :) But i still would like to claim one right now !!!
    cheers, Priya
    Btw: envy your place of residence!! We loved our visits to Australia and wish we could make a trip each year (sigh)

    ReplyDelete