Have you seen the tigers shuffling with the dragon?
There are 3 more days to go for the Chinese New Year. You are welcome to celebrate the event by sending a picture of your Chinese New Year cooking (sweet or savoury) with/without a link to email@example.com. Then I will post all on 23rd January (Australian time). Blogger and non-blogger are both welcome. Let's celebrate our biggest festival together!
Sesame Balls with Lotus Seed Paste (蓮茸煎堆仔)
(make about 28)
150g glutinous rice flour
40g lotus seed paste
1/4 cup white sesame
1/2 cup water
3 Tbsp sugar
- Boil water in a small saucepan and stir in sugar until it is totally dissolved. Let it cool a bit.
- Add the syrup into the flour and knead into dough.
- Take half of the dough into a microwave safe bowl and cook the dough on medium heat for about 70 seconds or until the dough started to turn transparent.
- Knead the cooked dough with the remaining dough until well incorporated. Divide dough into small pieces about 1 inch in diameter.
- Press flat the dough and warp it with lotus seed paste and roll into balls. Dip in water and coat with white sesame.
- Heat oil in the frying pan, deep fry the sesame balls until golden and floating on the surface.
Source: Adopted from the cookbook: Chinese Desserts 100 中式甜品 by Winnie 姐.