Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Chocolate Heart with Ice Cream


When I went to the shopping centre this morning, I saw many young teenage crowding around the florist buying roses for their Valentine.  It is sweet to feel the love in the air!  My husband and I don't really celebrate Valentine's Day too much these days as it was just after our wedding anniversary.  But I want to make something for him this year.  As the weather has been very hot, I got the ideas of making this heart shaped ice-cream.  We sit down at the coffee table to share the ice-cream after lunch, and I can feel the romance that is still running in our heart!  He has been my love, my friend and my supporter when I needed him most.  He is the person that care me most and I just can't imagine a day without him!  Happy Valentine's Day and I hope you have found your love!

Heart Shaped Ice Cream with Mixed Berries Sauce


Dark cooking chocolate or chocolate of your choice
Vanilla Ice cream or ice cream of your choice

For the sauce:
70g frozen mixed berries
1 tablespoon water
2 tablespoons sugar
1/3 teaspoon cornflour
1/4 teaspoon Kirsch

To make the heart shape mould:
cardboard
foil
bull clip

Method:

  1. Cut out the cardboard into a long strip about 3 cm wide, fold into half.  Use the stapler to staple the middle to form the curve of a heart shape. Leave the end open.  Wrap around the cardboard with foil with a smooth interior. 
  2. Line a small baking tray with a piece of foil.  Place the heart shaped cardboard in the tray and fill up with ice-cream.  Freeze until ready to serve.
  3. Meanwhile, gently cook the berries with water, sugar and cornflour until it becomes a thick sauce. Leave cool.
  4. Melt chocolate in microwave under medium heat until the chocolate is ready to use.  Fill the chocolate into a zip bag.
  5. Unclip the mould and gently pull the mould apart.  Turn the ice-cream over with the smooth top facing up, trim edges if needed.  Cut a tiny bit from the corner of the zip bag. Decorate the ice-cream with chocolate and use the left-over chocolate to decorate the plate.  
  6. Spoon the berries sauce over the plate and share it with you sweet heart!


6 comments:

  1. WOW..I love this..Thanks for posting it Dear..

    Aarthi
    http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your Valentine's Day was as sweet as this dessert! It looks absolutely amazing =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very elegant and refreshing,Veronica!I'm sure both you and your hubby enjoyed it equally!!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great presenatation like from a fine dining restaurant. Veronica, good job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That hearts looks like perfection and it is so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete