|Triple Choc Muffins|
|Choc-chip Jaffa Muffin|
1. Triple Choc Muffins
1 3/4 cups self-raising flour
1/2 cup cocoa powder
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup dark Choc Bits
1/2 cup white Choc Bits
1 cup buttermilk OR 1 cup milk mixed with 1 tablespoon vinegar
2/3 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 200c. Line 12-hole muffin pan with paper cases.
- Sift flour and cocoa into the mixing bowl, stir in the sugar and Choc Bits. Then stir in beaten eggs, buttermilk and oil. Do not over mix, mixture should be lumpy.
- Divide the misture into paper cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or when the skewer comes out clean when insert into the cake.
- Stand cake in pan 5 mintes before turning, cool the cake onto the wire rack.
2. Choc-Chip Jaffa Muffin
(make 12 large or 16 small muffins)
2 1/2 cup self-raising flour
100g cold butter, chopped finely
155g caster sugar (1 little more than 2/3 cup)
1 1/4 cup buttermilk OR 1 1/4 cup milk mixed with 1 1/4 tablespoon vinegar
3/4 cup dark Choc Bits
2 teaspoons grated orange rind
- Preheat oven to 200c.
- Rub butter with flour in a mixing bowl until resemble crumbs. Stir in sugar, buttermilk and egg. Don't overmix as mixture should be lumpy. Stir in Choc Bits and rind.
- Divide the mixture into muffin cases and bake for 20-25 minutes or until the skewer comes out clean when insert into the cake.
- Cool cake at the wire rack.
Source: Adopted and modified from the cookbook "Easy baking", published by The Australian Women's Weekly.