Curry Veggie Rolls
make 12 rolls
3 sheets of puff pastry
1 cup potato, cut into 1 cm cube
1 cup sweet potato, cut into 1 cm cube
1/2 cup carrot, cut into 1 cm cube
1/2 cup onion, finely chopped
1/4 cup corn kernels
1/4 cup capsicum, finely chopped
1/4 cup celery, finely chopped
1/4 cup frozen baby peas
1/2 - 1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon garlic
1 teaspoon turmeric powder
1 tablespoon curry powder
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin seed
3 tablespoon corn flour
1 egg, beaten for brushing
- Preheat oven to 220c.
- Cook potato, sweet potato and carrot in a saucepan with hot water until they are cooked. Mesh coarsely and set aside in a mixing bowl.
- Put the rest of the vegetable into the mixing bowl, then add in the seasoning and corn flour until they are well combined.
- Place a sheet of pastry onto the chopping board. Do not peel away the plastic lining of the pastry as it will stick to the chopping board. Cut the pastry into half horizontally and brush the top edge with some egg wash.
- Spoon some of the vegetable mixture along the bottom edge of the pastry. Then roll it upward into a roll. Use a knife to cut the long roll into 3 portions. Score vertically 3-4 time lightly along each portion. Discard the plastic lining. Repeat this process to the other half of the pastry and the second sheet of pastry.
- Lay the rolls onto the baking tray with a line of baking paper. Brush the rolls with egg wash and bake in a hot oven until they all puff up and golden brown. Turn down the oven to 180c for another 5 minutes before taking them out.