Thursday, June 18, 2015

Key Lime Pie




I always want to make this pie after seeing many bloggers making it. We couldn't get any key lime in Australia so I am using the green lime we have. When I made this pie, my son just declared that he would not eat it because lime is not his usual diet. My teenage boy always give me harsh comment these days. However, after taking a piece, he came back for a bigger piece and this had become one of his favourite dessert.

It really is a very easy dessert and now I understand why it's so popular!

Key Lime Pie

Ingredients:
150g McVite's digestive biscuits
25g butter, melted
4 egg yolks
395g can condensed milk
1/2 cup lime juice (about 3 limes)
1 tablespoon  lime zest

Method:

  1. Process biscuits until crumble in a food processor. Add melted butter and mix through. Press into a pie dish.
  2. Preheat oven at 160c and bake the base for 10 minutes. Cool.
  3. Add the egg yolks and lime zest into a bowl, whisk till egg is light and creamy. Stir in condensed milk and lime juice, whisk until well combined.
  4. Pour the filling over the pie base. Bake for 12 minutes at 160c or until the filling is just set. Fridge for 3 hours before serving.
Source: adopted and modified from http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27475/key+lime+pie


1 comment: