8-9 cups cooked sushi rice
3 teaspoons of salt
4 tablespoons vinegar
3 nori sheets
2-3 avocados, cut into stripes
1 1/2 cups of marinated teriyaki chicken pieces
(refer to the recipe of teriyaki chicken ciabatta)
6 crabmeat sticks
egg, lighten beaten
1/2 continental cucumber, remove the centre and cut into thin stripes
mixed salad leaves
egg, lightly beaten
Japanese rice seasoning
(it has shaved bonito, sesame seeds and seaweed)
- Season the cooked rice with salt and vinegar, mix well and set aside.
- Cook the chicken until it is done and set aside.
- Cut the crab stick sideway into two long strips. Repeat the process for the rest of the crab sticks. Dip them into the egg, and cover with bread crumb. Cook it into a pan heated with 1/2 cup oil until it is golden brown. Absorb excess oil with kitchen paper and set aside.
- Cook the egg for the topping and cut it into stripes and set aside.
- Divide the rice into 3 equal portions. Wet your hands with water and press a portion of the rice into a square box that fit the size of the nori sheet. (I only use a cake box)
- Lay the first nori sheet onto the rice, arrange the cucumber evenly along the nori, then add the salad leaves and mayonnaise. Finally add the crab sticks.
- Cover the first layer with another nori sheet. Then cover it with the second portions of rice and press evenly. You may need to wet your hands again to prevent sticking.
- Arrange avocado, then chicken evenly along the rice and cover it with the last nori sheet.
- Lay the last portion of rice over the second layer and press evenly. Spread the egg strips onto the top and sprinkle with the rice seasoning.
- Cut the sushi with a sharp knife into 4x4 to get 16 pieces.