Monday, July 18, 2011

Steam Boat


Having steam boat in winter is the best thing to keep you warm and entertain with family and friends.  You need a portable gas stove, a pot with your choice of soup base, different kinds of seafood, fish balls, meat, tofu, vegetables and noodles.  Then every thing is cooked at the table, nice and hot straight from the pot to your mouth with every one crowding at the table, standing or sitting.  In Hong Kong, there are restaurants specially cater for steam boat.  When I was a kid, we only had this in winter.  Nowadays people are having it all year round with the air conditioning on during summer.  You can see how much Chinese love steam boat.

My kids love this as they can cook whatever they want for themselves.  I have used two soup bases, laksa and miso this time to suit my family's taste.  For me, it's the best food to have in winter.  What's your winter favourite?


4 comments:

  1. While it's hard to think about Winter in the ridiculous heat we're having in NYC right now; Corn chowder on a cold winter day warms my heart and body.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love me some chowder and stoup. I am with the first comment- too hot to think of this right now but I am definitely bookmarking all your cold day recipes for the winter!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never had a steam boat before, but it definitely sounds comforting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. its a very new recipe to me...looks delicious

    ReplyDelete