Today is my blogiversary and I'm celebrating it with cherrimisu in a glass. Over the past year, it has been wonderful meeting new friends and inspired by you guys. If I have not started blogging, I may not be able to step out of my comfort zone and cook all the dishes I have made and I may still serving my family with the same things over and over again (there's nothing wrong with that but I think cooking new dish is more interesting) This is my 86th post and when I reach my 100th post, I will pass on the two rewards given by Elisabeth from Food and Thrift Finds to other well deserved people. Thanks for your friendship and kindness for supporting this blog! XOX
Cherrimisu in a Glass
250g mascarpone cheese
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
150ml strong coffee made from 1 heap teaspoon of coffee power and hot water
150ml thicken cream
3 tablespoons Kahlua
4 tablespoons of icing sugar
3 tablespoons extra icing sugar
16 sponge fingers
12 fresh cherries
grated dark chocolate
- Whisk the mascarpone cheese with vanilla and Kahula with 50ml of the strong coffee. Whisk the cream with icing sugar in a separate bowl until thicken, then fold in with the mascarpone mix.
- Sweeten the remaining coffee with extra icing sugar if you wish, then pour the mixture into a bowl.
- Break one of the sponge into three equal pieces. Soak it with the coffee mixture than put it into the centre of the glass. Then break three more sponges into half this time and line them around the side of the glass after soaking with the coffee mixture. Repeat the process for the rest of the three glasses.
- Pitted 8 of the cherries and cut into quarters.
- Spoon a little of the mascarpone mix into the centre then top with the cherry pieces. Spoon more mascarpone mix to cover the cherry and fill up the glass. Top with grated chocolate and garnish with a cherry on top. Fridge for 2 hours before serving.