Home Crumbled Fish & Chips
4-5 pieces of fish fillets
1 cup breadcrumb
1 tablespoon garlic and herb salt
1 egg, beaten
1 cup plain flour
10 small washed baby potato
salt and pepper
- Marinate the fish with salt and pepper for about 30 minutes.
- Wash the potato, do not need to peel the skin. Cut into thin strips and place onto the paper lined baking tray. Drizzle some oil, salt and pepper then toss through the chips. Bake in moderate oven for about 30 minutes or until it is cooked. Toss through the chip a few times in between.
- Mix the garlic and herb salt to the breadcrumb. Coat the fish with flour then egg and breadcrumb.
- Heat enough oil in the frypan, pan fry the fish until crispy and cook. Turn the heat down if it gets to hot to avoid burning. Drain excess oil with kitchen paper.
- Serve the fish with chips and your favourite sauce.