There is a new gourmet pizza take away opened in our town a while ago. Unlike the others, it has load of toppings and some of them are quite interesting such as pizza dressed with hollandaise sauce, pizza topped with pear, blue cheese and walnut. I love their roasted capsicum, it makes such a different compared to the others. The image of pizza being cheap take away has started to change and the others are following to have new menu with more gourmet ingredients to compete with the market. Bocconcini has been a popular cheese, it has been used in TV cooking show and cooking magazines. It is a fresh soft cheese of the Mozzarella family with 15.2g of fat and 280mg of sodium per 100g which is less than some of the other cheese. No wonder it becomes popular! On a lazy weekend, why not make some pizza and get the kids to help you putting whatever toppings they like?
Pizza with Brocconini, Chorizo and Rocket
For the pizza dough:
220g high protein plain flour, sieved
1 teaspoon dried yeast
1 teaspoon salt
160ml warm water or a little more
1 tablespoon olive oil
For the toppings:
pizza sauce (I use BBQ flavour)
1 onion, finely chopped
1 tomato, chopped
3 brocconcini, thickly sliced
1 chorizo, sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
black olive, pitted
shredded mozzarella cheese
- Place flour and salt into a mixing bowl. Dissolve yeast in a little lukewarm water than stir in remaining water.
- Make a the centre of the flour, place liquid into well and stir to form dough. Remove dough from bowl and knead by hand for about 5 minutes.
- Place dough in a clean bowl, cover with a damp cloth and leave to rise in a warm place (oven is a good place) until doubled in size.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface. Make pizza according to your liking of thickness. I make 1 large and 1 small thin pan pizzas.
- For the toppings: grease the pizza pan, spread the pizza sauce over the base. Arrange the pizza with cheese, chorizo, onion, tomato, olive, capsicum, garlic then sprinkle with some mozzarella. cheese and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil. Bake in a 180c oven for about 20-25 minutes. Top with rocket leaves before serving.
Note: As I don't have the baker's hand in kneading dough, I put all the ingredients into the bread maker starting from the liquid ingredient to dry ingredient and putting the yeast last. (no need to dissolve in water) After it is kneaded and rest, I then roll out the dough to make pizza base.