I got the idea of making this dish from the little cookbook "15 minutes gourmet" comes along with the March issue of the Australian Good Taste magazine. I like the idea of using lebanese bread for the crouton. It's a good way to use up the bread instead of making wrap. I add in avocado and melted mozzarella cheese to the recipe to replace the bocconcini. It is a warm salad with an autumn feel and it only take 15 minutes to prepare.
Prawn and Avocado Salad with Lebanese Bread
1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
1 piece Lebanese bread
10-12 raw prawns
80g leafy mix
1/4 red onion, sliced
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1/4 cup vinegar
3 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 220c. Spread the mustard over the bread and tear into pieces and place on the lined baking tray. Bake for 5 minutes or until crisp.
- Cut the tomato into wedges and sprinkled with dried oregano, garlic and olive oil. Bake it in a separate tray with the bread together.
- Heat oil in pan and pan fry the prawn till cooked. Set aside.
- Roughly mesh the avocado in a microwave safe bowl and add in mozzarella cheese, microwave it on high for 30 seconds or until the cheese melted. Mix it with the cooked prawn immediately.
- Put the leafy mix into a salad bowl, add in onion, tomato, prawns and the italian dressing. Arrange the lebanese bread along the side of the bowl.